Treasures of Nature (Prakriti Ka Khazana) – Bakayan
Bakayan belongs to the Mahagony family and a specious of deciduous tree which is a native tree of Indomalayan regions and Australasian regions. This tree is mainly used for its timber and also in many medicinal preparations. The fruits are poisonous to humans if consumed in large quantities but the same is not applicable for birds who munch on the whole seeds which results in drunkard effect on birds. The leaves of this tree is used as a natural insecticide to protect stored food.
Properties of Bakayan:
Medicinal Uses of Bakayan or Mahanimba:
- Used in curing numerous ailments like piles, skin diseases, mouth ulcers, dandruff, gout, inflammation and so on.
- Seeds are used in treating piles whereas leaves are used in relieving moth ulcers, gum problems and bad breath.
- The issue with heavy menstrual periods, uterus problems, and vaginal infections can be treated using the powdered seeds of Bakayan along with Amla powder and Muleti powder.
- Recurrent fever or chronic fever is treated with the decoction made of Bakayan tree bark and Tulsi leaves.
- Kidney problems, arthritis, increased serum creatinine and uric acid can also be treated with the decoction of Bakayan tree bark.
- Skin diseases such as ring worms, eczema, itching or skin burns can be treated using fresh leaves juice.
- Intestinal parasites and intestinal infections can be relived with the continuous intake of Bakayan dried seeds powder on empty stomach each morning.
- Chronic diseases such as Goiters, tumors in body, excess body fat or cholesterol, abnormal cell growth can be treated using the powder made of dry Bakayan leaves, bark and seeds in specified quantities.
- Bakayan also works wonders in blood purification.