Treasures of Nature (Prakriti Ka Khazana) – Elaichi
Elaichi is also known as cardamom and it has innumerable uses. It is very useful for a number of reasons such as for maintaining good health. It is also said to improve skin and hair quality.
Known As the Queen of Spices
This is why Elaichi is added in pretty much every dish which is cooked at home. It is very common in the Indian subcontinent and mainly found in India, Nepal, and Bhutan. Its demand in the international market is huge and it is one of the most expensive spices in the world. Originally believed to be a native of South India, it is mostly produced in Guatemala as of now.
It is packed with nutrition and has immense medicinal value. It has a good amount of protein, vitamin, electrolytes, and minerals.
Some of the uses of Cardamom (Elaichi)
- Improves Metabolism: People with slow digestion can take regular doses of Elaichi with food and beverages to accelerate their metabolism. This helps to achieve a better body and helps to keep one fit and slender. It also increases appetite.
- Helps to Prevent Stomach Ailments: Elaichi acts as an antioxidant and enhances the secretion of bile which helps in reducing gastric problems, heartburn, acid reflux, and diarrhoea.
- Keeps Your Heart Well: It keeps the cholesterol level and the blood pressure levels are control which why your heart stays healthy.
- Prevents Cancer: Recent studies have shown that cardamom helps in prevent this horrible disease. It is also reported to have properties which can cure cancer as well.
- Prevents Depressions: Depression is a problem which affects people of all ages today. With so much stress all around, most of us have experienced depression one time or the other. Elaichi, when taken in proper doses regularly, can help us deal with anxiety and despair.
- Prevents Bad Breath: Dental problems can be easily dealt with the help of Elaichi. It improves your oral health and cures gums and cavity issues.
- Stops the occurrence of blood clots: Researchers are still in an ongoing process about this cure but it is certainly believed to be effective as there are many reports. It also regulates blood circulation.
Apart from all the above uses, Elaichi is also known to bring relief to patients with asthma, hiccups, diabetes and sore throat. Now that you know about its innumerable benefits, use Elaichi regularly to lead a healthier and better life.