Ayurvedic Treatment for Male Infertility like Erectile Dysfunction
Another name for erectile dysfunction is impotence. This is a medical problem in which the man is incapable of maintaining his erection for a sufficient time to satisfy the physical need of his partner.
What is Erectile Dysfunction and Its Causative Factors?
Erection takes place by the mental and sensory stimulation and flow of blood into the corpora cavernosa, creating pressure in it and thereby helping the penis to expand. Erection involves a series of events, such as arising of the nerve impulse in the brain, then through the spinal cord reaching the penis and producing a response in the muscles, in the fibrous tissues, veins, and the arteries and around corpora cavernosa. Any disruption in this sequence results in erectile dysfunction. Psychological problems, alcohol abuse, drugs, surgeries, medications, trauma to the reproductive organs and age are the factors responsible for erectile dysfunction.
How to Treat Erectile Dysfunction with Ayurveda?
Ayurveda depends on the inherent power of the herbs to treat an array of medical problems including erectile dysfunction. Here is a list of herbs used as natural remedy for infertility in men
Shilajit: This is a popular mineral used in Ayurvedic treatment. It is a natural substance collected from the Himalayan Mountains has been used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Shilajit can be consumed in the form of capsules. This mineral helps in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in the following ways.
- It is a popular aphrodisiac agent.
- Fulvic acid is the key component in Shilajit which allays stress, anxiety and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It also helps to raise the sperm count.
Ashwagandha: This is a miraculous herb and has inherent healing properties. It is popularly known as the Indian winter cherry. It helps to boost the energy level, fights infection and promotes physical fitness and the immune system. The berry and root of this plant is used for preparing medicine. It is used to boost the thinking ability and decrease the swelling and pain. This herb has also inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties and promotes the general well-being of a person. It promotes longer and quicker erections. It is available in the form of capsules and churna for the benefit of the users. This herb has been used for ages for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. The herb helps to lower the erectile dysfunction in the following ways:
- Ashwagandha helps to boost the sperm count.
- This herb helps to increase the mobility of the sperm.
- It helps to increase the libido.
- This herb helps to lower hypertension, which is a common cause of erectile dysfunction.
- It also reduces stress and anxiety, which are the causative function of erectile dysfunction.
Shatavari: This herb known as Asparagus Racemosus is popularly used as Ayurvedic remedy for male infertility. It helps in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in the following ways:
- It plays an important role in boosting male libido.
- Stress and hypertension causes erectile dysfunction but this herb plays an important role in calming and stimulating.
- It increases the sperm count and quality of the sperms.
Kaunch: This medicinal herb also known as Mucuna Pruriens has been used for years for treating premature ejaculation. It treats erectile dysfunction as follows:
- o It plays a vital role in increasing the thickness or viscosity of the sperms.
- o It treats erectile dysfunction by repositioning the excess protein stored in the muscles thereby strengthening it.
- o It releases the male hormone testosterone and thereby increases male libido and improves erectile dysfunction
Ayurveda effectively treats all kinds of problems associated with male infertility such as spermatorrhoea, loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, semen infection, premature ejaculation etc.