How to Treat Infertility in Women with Ayurveda?
Summary: Ovulation occurs in women during the menstrual cycle that formulates the egg to be fertilized by a sperm. Many times, due to mental disturbances, improper diet or faulty lifestyle, this process is delayed. Ayurvedic medicine for ovulation treats infertility naturally by proper restoration of the seven ‘dhatus’.
Irregular or lack of ovulation results in infertility in women. In Ayurveda, the conception of a healthy child requires proper mental and physical health of both the mother and the father for a spiritual and emotional phenomenon. Some natural herbs act as fallopian tube blockage treatment in Ayurveda and restore hormonal balance in the body by a chain of metabolic changes. They are free of all side effects and are not addictive.
According to Ayurveda, a healthy conception requires proper nutrition of ‘Shukra dhatu’- the seventh ‘dhatu’ of the body. Due to lack of digestion, improper diet, and presence of toxins in the body, the ‘Shukra dhatu’ cannot function properly, thereby causing obstruction in the female reproductive channels. Other causes include:
- Overindulgence in intercourse can lead to decrease in ‘Shukra dhatu’, sometimes leading to impotency.
- Depression, anxiety and recurring sleeplessness can also cause mental disturbance thereby resulting in failure to conceive.
- Eating extra spicy food weakens the ‘Shukra dhatu’ and increases the pitta in the body, This can delay the chances of conception.
Natural Herbs to Facilitate Ovulation:
The following herbs act as the best Ayurvedic medicine for ovulation:
- Chaste Berry: Chaste Berry or Vitex is an effective herbal remedy for regulating reproductive hormonal balance, and for overcoming other gynaecological problems like irregular or painful menstrual cycles and infertility. When taken daily for a longer duration, it promotes regular ovulation by stimulating the production of LH hormone. It is a very safe natural tonic and can be consumed raw, or in form of tonic, or herbal tea.
- Red Clover: Red clover is rich in isoflavones, which has similar properties as that of the estrogen hormone in females. It thus helps restore irregular hormonal balance of estrogen and induces regular ovulation. Consuming red clover as a herbal tea acts as the most effective Ayurvedic treatment for pregnancy, stimulating timely ovulation and increasing your chances of conceiving.
- False Unicorn: False unicorn herb consists of compounds called steroidal saponins, which stimulates the estrogen hormone, regulates leutal phase in the body, induces ovulation and boosts fertility in women. Its root in very rich in healing properties and be taken in the form of extract, tincture or tonic.
- Dong Quai: This is a traditional Chinese herb used to treat various reproductive problems of the female body. It consists of therapeutic components that balances the estrogen level, regularizes menstruation, and promotes ovulation. It also increases overall blood circulation in the body, increases uterine strength and improves immunity. It can be consumed in the form of extract, raw root, or capsules.
- Yarrow: This herbal remedy works wonders for curing all problems related to menstruation, like painful, irregular or heavy periods, PCOS, poor ovulation, etc. It efficiently stimulates the uterus and increases blood flow into the pelvis. This treats pelvic congestion and other such conditions responsible for poor ovulation, like fibroid, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, etc. It can be consumed in the form of tincture, herbal tea or extract.
Along with these, making the right changes in your lifestyle can lead to better chances of conception. Quitting harmful habits like smoking, drug usage, or consuming alcohol is very effective in improving motility and increases the chances of getting pregnant. Getting proper oil massage therapies when trying to conceive can relieve stress and induce better ovulation. Ayurvedic medicine for ovulation is your best and safest chance to get pregnant without any fear of side effects.