How to Get Effective Skin Allergy Treatment through Ayurveda?
Summary: Owing to factors like environmental pollution, stress, hectic lifestyle, dietary changes and heredity, skin allergies are extremely common in people nowadays. Recurring problems like pimples, acne, rashes, blackheads, whiteheads, and itching makes the skin prone to allergies. Skin allergy treatment in Ayurveda refreshes and heals the skin permanently through the implementation of natural herbs and home remedies.
Skin allergy is one of the most common types of allergy. The overreaction of the body's immune system when it sends antibodies to fight foreign substances called allergens is termed as an allergic reaction. This process results in itching, bumps, redness, rashes and other such skin conditions.
Allergy can be caused by a specific medication, certain plants or food items, infection or an immune system disorder. Ayurveda regards allergy as an abnormal skin reaction caused by weak digestion and imbalance of the Doshas. Since most of the times it’s not serious, you can easily treat it yourself with the help of Ayurvedic home remedies.
Types, Causes, and Symptoms of Skin Allergy:
There are primarily four basic conditions of skin allergy, like:
- Eczema: Most commonly in children, it is caused mainly due to dry skin or exposure to pollution. Its symptoms include inflammation, itching, and irritation.
- Hives: It occurs due to abnormal reaction of the immunity system towards certain allergens. Its symptoms include swelling, plaques, and red bumps all over the body.
- Contact Dermatitis: This varies from person to person depending on their skin sensitivity. It triggers when certain detergents, soaps, or shampoos come in direct contact with the skin. Its symptoms include itching, rashes, redness, and a burning sensation.
- Acne: This is mainly caused due to excessive intake of spicy or oily food that blocks the hair follicles of the skin. Its symptoms include pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Skin Allergy Treatment:
Skin allergy treatment in Ayurveda includes the following simple remedies:
- Aloe Vera: One of the most helpful remedies for itching, this natural herb consists of antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties that soothe and relieves the skin of itching and redness. You can simply extract the gel from a few Aloe Vera leaves, apply it on the affected area and wash it off after half an hour. Repeat the process 3-4 times a day for best effect.
- Clay: Considered the best Ayurvedic treatment for Acne, it cures itchy skin and helps soothe the marks caused by wasps, spiders or bee stings. Make a smooth paste by adding clay and warm water to a bowl. Apply it to the affected area and wash it under clean running water when dry. Repeat twice a day for immediate results.
- Neem: Neem leaves make for the most effective Ayurvedic treatment for pimples. Simply make a fine paste of fresh Neem leaves and apply it twice a day. You can also keep bottled leaves in fresh water for about ten minutes if you can’t get fresh Neem leaves.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is an effective home remedy with antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal properties. It helps relieve skin problems caused by dry skin like itching, swelling, and rashes. Put a few drops of raw apple cider vinegar onto a cotton ball. Apply to the affected areas and leave it for about 5 minutes. Repeat the process 2-3 times on a daily basis.
- Oatmeal: This works wonders for skin allergies like eczema, chicken pox, and acne by providing effective and immediate relief. Simply add a cup of oatmeal in your warm bath water and take this bath daily for about 20 minutes.
These natural remedies coupled with a balanced diet and proper exercise works as the best skin allergy treatment in Ayurveda.